A bone marrow transplant is a medical procedure that replaces unhealthy cells in your bone marrow with healthy ones. Replacement cells might originate from either your own body or from a donor. A stem cell transplant, or more specifically, a hematopoietic stem cell transplant, is another name for a bone marrow transplant. Transplantation can be used to treat leukemia, myeloma, and lymphoma, as well as other blood and immune system disorders that impact the bone marrow.
International Oncology Services Pvt. Ltd. has built a state-of-the-art cancer care center in cooperation with Dr. L H Hiranandani Hospital. The oncology facility is prepared to provide comprehensive cancer care and stands out with cutting-edge radiation therapy technology, a state-of-the-art bone marrow transplant (BMT) unit, and a comprehensive Breast Clinic. Appointments for Credihealth may now be made online. You may learn about all of the doctors that work here and then choose the one who best fits your needs. Because it is one of the top cancer treatment centers in the country, you may obtain the best treatments for every type of cancer here.
Types of bone marrow transplants
- Autologous transplant: The stem cells used in an autologous transplant are derived from your own body. Cancer is sometimes treated with high-dose, intense chemotherapy or radiation therapy. This sort of therapy has the potential to harm your stem cells as well as your immune system. That is why, before starting cancer therapy, clinicians extract or rescue your stem cells from your blood or bone marrow. Following chemotherapy, your body’s stem cells are restored to you, restoring your immune system and your body’s capacity to make blood cells and fight infection. This is also known as an AUTO transplant or stem cell rescue.
- Allogeneic transplant: Stem cells for an allogenic transplant are obtained from another individual, referred to as a donor. The patient receives the donor’s stem cells after undergoing chemotherapy and/or radiation therapy. This is also referred to as an ALLO transplant. During an ALLO transplant, many patients experience a “graft-versus-cancer cell impact.” This is when the new stem cells detect and kill any remaining cancer cells in the body. This is the primary mechanism through which ALLO transplants act to cure cancer.
- Umbilical cord blood transplant: Stem cells from umbilical cord blood are used in this sort of transplant. Before birth, the umbilical cord connects a fetus to its mother. The infant does not require it after delivery. Cord blood is used in cancer treatment facilities all around the world.
- Parent-child transplant and haplotype mismatched transplant: Cells from a parent, child, brother, or sister are not usually a perfect match for the HLA type of a patient, but they are a 50 percent match. Doctors are increasingly doing these sorts of transplants to broaden the use of transplantation as an effective cancer therapy.
Hiranandani Hospital provides expert treatment and cares for cancer. All these transplants are available at this hospital. You can check the price of the treatments on Credihealth.
Why choose Hiranandani?
Hiranandani Hospital features a bone marrow transplant facility, which is the first of its type in Mumbai’s private sector. The bone marrow transplant (BMT) unit is a cutting-edge facility, equivalent to the best in the world, and is equipped to conduct both Autologous (related donor) and Allogeneic (non-related donor) transplants. Bone marrow transplantation is a significant therapy method used to treat both malignant and non-cancerous diseases. The rooms in the BMT unit are intended to promote patient comfort and safety throughout their stay. Patients are protected from infectious microorganisms in the air by installing special High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filters, which continuously supply pure filtered air to the rooms. The installation of centralized monitoring devices in each room allows medical professionals to closely watch the patients. The following services are provided for bone marrow transplant patients-
- In house Chemotherapy
- Day Care Suites
- Biological Therapies
- Targeted Therapies
- Hormonal Therapy
- Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy
- Intra Thecal Chemotherapy
- Intra Pleural Chemotherapy
- Treatment of Haematological Malignancies such as Leukemia, Anemia, Thalassemia, Cytopenias, Lymphoma, Myeloma, Bleeding/ Clotting Disorders, Hodgkin’s Disease, Myelodysplastic Syndrome
- Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplant
- Autologous Stem Cell Transplant
- Syngeneic Stem Cell Transplant
- Cryopreservation of Cells