Dental implants are becoming increasingly popular as dental technology advances. Thanks to the technology for such an amazing dental procedure, dental implants in Alabama are a great alternative for dental replacement. Most people wonder what it is actually like to have dental implants and which questions they should ask when considering dental implant surgery. Here we will discuss the ten most commonly asked questions about dental implants so you can learn more before speaking with your dentist or oral surgeon:
- What dental implants are? Dental implants are dental replacements that are made to look and feel like natural teeth. Dental implants can be used to replace missing teeth, repair dentures, or close gaps between the teeth. The dental implant is an artificial tooth root that is surgically placed into your jawbone, where it fuses with the bone tissue over time, forming a strong dental replacement.
- What dental implants are made of? Dental implants are made of titanium. Titanium dental implants are the most biocompatible dental implant material available because titanium is already found in our bodies naturally, so it causes less inflammation to surrounding tissue and bone during dental implant surgery.
- How much do dental implants cost? The price of dental implants can vary depending on which dentist you visit for your consultation or oral exam, as well as what dental implant procedure you are receiving. However, dental implants cost affordable in Alabama dental clinics.
- How long do dental implants last? Dental implants can last a lifetime because they become part of your bone tissue! It is important to make sure you take proper care of your dental implant after the procedure by brushing and flossing daily and visiting your dental professional for regular dental checkups.
- Can dental implants be replaced? If you do not take proper care of dental implants, they could need to be surgically removed and replaced with a new set of dental implants. Your dentist would inform you if this is necessary during your follow up appointments after the initial implant surgery.
- What is dental implant surgery like? Dental implant surgery can vary depending on which dental implant treatment method your dentist or oral surgeon uses during your consultation. There are three main types of dental implants, including single tooth, multiple teeth, and dental bridge dental implants.
- What is a dental implant procedure? There are three main steps in a dental implant surgery procedure: the placement of dental implant posts into your jawbone, allowing them to fuse with your bone tissue for support; next, an abutment must be placed on top of the dental posts through which teeth will attach; and finally, dental crowns or dental bridges will attach to the abutment.
- How long does dental implant surgery take? The time required for dental implants can vary depending on which dental implant treatment method your dentist uses, as well as how many teeth need to be replaced with a new set of dental implants.
- Are dental implants painful? There is some initial discomfort when receiving dental implants because there are two procedures involved with this type of dental treatment: dental implant surgery and dental implant restoration. Dental Implants in Alabama is a great way to replace your missing teeth at affordable costs.
- How quickly can I eat after dental implants? You can enjoy eating right away because there is no downtime required for dental implants! Many people find that they cannot even tell you underwent any type of oral surgery after dental implants because there is no downtime required.
There are many more questions you may have about dental implants. These are ten questions that will give you a good idea of what to expect if you are thinking about dental implants.