Nephrology is a branch of medical science that deals with kidney diseases, And a kidney transplant is a surgical procedure where a healthy kidney is replaced with a deceased kidney. The kidney may come from a living donor or deceased donor. A kidney transplant is recommended when people have severe kidney dysfunction and cannot live without dialysis. Many conditions need a kidney transplant, which is as follows:
- Congenital renal obstructive disorders include Ureteropelvic junction obstruction, Vesicoureteral reflux, Posterior urethral valves, and Megaureter.
- Alport Syndrome.
- Nail-patella syndrome.
- Berger disease.
- Henoch-schonlein purpura.
- Goodpasture syndrome.
Risk factors for Kidney Transplant –
In day-to-day life, an unhealthy lifestyle brings many diseases. A kidney transplant is a surgery where surgeons replace an old kidney with a healthy one. As with any surgery, the complication may occur:
- Bleeding in the kidney may damage severely, and sometimes the kidney fails to be treated with dialysis.
- Infection through the unhygienic tools and equipment during the transplant process and living in such conditions may welcome infection and bacteria. Therefore the medical team must perform surgery with complete sterilization.
- Blockage of the blood vessels
- Leakage of the urine or blockage of the urine may occur.
- The new kidney fails to perform and function smoothly at first.
When do I need a Kidney Transplant?
If a patient has End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD), this condition is the cause of kidney failure. Generally, the patient needs dialysis, and it is used to remove wastes and other substances from the blood. The kidney has urinary infections and kidney failure, usually caused by diabetes or high blood pressure. In addition to this, if the patient has polycystic kidney disease or other kidney disorders, then they need a kidney transplant. Hemolytic uremic syndrome, which is a rare disorder, is the cause of kidney failure. Therefore, you might need a kidney transplant. The kidney plays a vital role in regulating blood pressure, removing urea and liquid waste from the blood. Regulation of fluid in the body to keep it neutral and balanced within the kidney has a vital contribution.
Signs and Symptoms of Kidney Failure –
Kidney failure usually occurs when the kidney is unable to function fully. The primary function of the kidney is to filter waste and excrete fluids. The primary signs and symptoms of kidney failure are as follows :
- Swelling is one of the signs where the kidney starts swelling and causes severe damage. Edema is the condition of kidney failure.
- Weakness in the body and shortness of breath can be one of the symptoms of kidney failure. A Nephrologist surgeon can consult and treat the kidney.
- Arrhythmias is an abnormal heart rhythm that occurs due to the inability to remove potassium from the bloodstream. Kidney failure sometimes occurs due to sudden acute events such as diabetes or hypertension.
Therefore the kidney has a significant role in the functioning of the body. If you witness any signs and symptoms of kidney failure, book an appointment for a consultation if you are confused and doubtful about visiting a hospital or finding it difficult to approach the treatment in Pune. Aditya Birla Hospital Pune is well equipped with doctors and experts who deliver the best Nephrology & Kidney transplant in Pune.
Why to choose Aditya Birla Hospital Pune –
Aditya Birla Hospital Pune is located in Chinchwad with a capacity of 500 beds. A multispeciality hospital which was established in 2006 completed 15 years so far in the healthcare industry. Aditya Birla Memorial Hospital Pune offers a broad spectrum of advanced medical treatment for patients. The hospital has a great team of qualified doctors who are always available around the clock and emergency services. Staff members at Aditya Birla Hospital Pune make sure that patients are given the best medical care. The hospital has a team of well-trained experts and specialists who serve the best treatment.
Advanced Technology :
Aditya Birla Hospital Pune uses Advanced Technologies. Their cutting-edge technology is upgraded from international standards of medical treatment. The hospital is the only one that has PET-CT scans in Pune. The hospital also offers treatment for various transplants and cancers, including lung cancer, colon cancer, prostate cancer, and skin cancer. Their center of excellence also includes Physiotherapy, Anesthesia, Emergency Medicine, Cardiology, Orthopedics, and Gastroenterology.
Team of Experienced Doctors: The doctors at Aditya Birla Hospital Pune are highly qualified and well trained. A team of Nephrology experts works together to give the best treatment for the patients.
Fertility experts, gynecologists, paramedics, counselors, therapists, and pharmacists Apart from fertility experts, Manipal Hospital Malleshwaram also has Surgeons, Dieticians, Pediatric Cardiologists, Cardiologists, psychologists, and psychologists Pharmacists. The experts are solely responsible for delivering the best treatment plan and effective results.
Treatment for Kidney Transplant –
The kidney is a crucial part of the body. Not only does it purifies but it also regulates the flow of the blood. Therefore Aditya Birla Hospital Pune has the best team who deliver the best treatment, and the procedure is as follows :
- The Nephrologist Surgeons at Aditya Birla Hospital Pune will make an incision in part. The cut will be on the side just below the ribs or right over the last ribs.
- During the process, muscles, fat, and tissues are cut and moved. The Nephrologist needs to remove a rib to do the procedure. Aditya Birla Hospital Pune has a team of experts and nurses who perform transplant surgery.
- The tube carries urine from the kidney till bladder; blood vessels are cut away from the kidney;
- After this, the kidney is removed.
- A new and healthy kidney is transplanted, and then the cut is closed with stitches or staples.
- This entire process is done under the supervision of experienced nephrologists and surgeons.
In conclusion, the kidney is one of the essential organs in the human body. The kidney makes a hormone known as Erythropoietin; this hormone helps in the formation of red blood cells. From balancing salts, electrolytes, including potassium and sodium, and other substances in the blood kidney, have significant contributions. Therefore ignoring the signs and symptoms of kidney failure can increase the risk factor. To have a balanced kidney, you should avoid drinking and smoking.
How Credihealth helps in Early Appointment-
A Nephrologist and surgeon do kidney transplantation. Whereas the kidney is one of the main organs in the body, therefore, it is essential to take regular check-ups. Credihealth helps you book an appointment with a health expert. A hassle-free process with ratings and reviews allows you to find the best facility. It is essential to take proper medication and consultation. To request a call back from Credihealth’s in-house medical Service, you can give a call on +91-8010994994.