Too much wine, dancing on the photocopier, belting out horrendous karaoke tunes, pashing a co-worker, insulting your boss and streaking through the staff common room… If the thought of office Christmas parties makes you cringe, avoid a Bridget-Jones-Esque office party disaster, and try one of these great ideas instead.
– Boat & Clay Laser shooting – Hop on board a private boat, arm yourselves with huge laser guns, and fire shots at clay pigeons flying overhead while cheering your teammates on, and enjoying spectacular views of Sydney Harbour. Clay laser-shooting packages provide realistic-sounding laser guns and are a completely safe, fun and competitive activity for your whole team.
– Ladies first – if you work in a female-only workplace, consider taking the girls out for a day of pampering, massages and beauty treatments. Online deals websites offer great discounts every week. Celebrate with some glasses of bubbly at a nice wine bar afterwards.
– Buggy Extreme – head to the Sydney Off Road Racing Association’s complex for a day of serious heart-pumping action. Hop into a genuine off-road race buggy, take jumps, skid around corners and race your co-workers around 4 laps on three different race tracks.
– Get creative (literally) with Corporate Life Drawing Classes – as long as your boss is comfortable with having a nude model sitting in the middle of your office, corporate life drawing classes are a great and creative way to kick off your office Christmas celebrations. Packages include 2-hour drawing classes, a qualified art teacher, unlimited gourmet pizzas, soft drinks, a DJ console, and of course, nude models.
– Go for something more traditional – if your office is just not up for something huge, there are plenty of nice restaurants and venues to host your office dinner or drinks. You can even find great restaurant and bar discounts on daily deals and shopping sites to ensure everyone saves some money and has a great time at an affordable price.
Remember to always consider your budget, your kind of workplace, and how much everyone in the office is willing to spend. Don’t forget to check online shopping websites or deal of the day sites for great discounts always being offered on leisure activities like kayaking or rock climbing. Remember that venues for office parties fill up quickly, so plan ahead, and book early!