Cosmetic and family dentistry is a relatively new field of dental care. Interest in cosmetic dentistry has been steadily increasing, as it can make people’s smiles more attractive and their teeth whiter. Cosmetic procedures can also help improve the health of patients’ teeth by eliminating bacteria that may cause gum disease or tooth decay. In this article, we will discuss what cosmetic and family dentistry treatments are available to patients today!
There is a number of cosmetic and family dentistry treatments available to patients today, and we’ll go over some of the most popular ones. So, let’s have a look at the treatments given below.
- Teeth whitening: No one likes yellowish teeth, and we all want the white, shiny teeth back! The cosmetic dentist will whiten your teeth in a variety of ways, including using toothpaste that contains ingredients for enhanced treatment, or you can have metal-free treatments done at home. Some of the dentists also use a bleaching gel or a laser to get the final result.
- Veneers: Putting veneers on your teeth is one of the cosmetic dentistry treatments that can be done to improve your smile. It’s a cosmetic procedure that is popular among people with crooked, poorly shaped, discolored, or too large teeth! The dentist will take an impression of the teeth and then will send it to a cosmetic dentist who creates veneers for your teeth.
- Dental implants: When a tooth has been missing for more than three months, it will likely affect the other teeth as well. The cosmetic dentist can replace this tooth by placing an implant in the jawbone that looks exactly like a natural tooth! This procedure might take up to several visits and is not something you should try to do on your own.
- Root canal: Sometimes, the tooth has a root canal treatment done by the cosmetic dentist to get rid of the infection or any pain that might be caused by the teeth. The procedure is generally used for patients who have had an injury or deep decay, and it requires drilling into the tooth with special tools!
- Invisalign: One of the more popular cosmetic dentistry treatments, Invisalign is a way to straighten your teeth without metal braces. It’s virtually invisible and can be removed for eating or brushing your teeth. The orthodontist will utilize computer imaging and take an impression of your mouth in order to create custom-made aligners to give you the straight smile you’ve always wanted.
- Porcelain crowns: Porcelain cosmetic treatments are becoming increasingly popular, and it’s not difficult to see why! The dentist will use porcelain as a way of restoring your teeth with a cosmetic cover, and it can be more cost-effective than other cosmetic treatments because the dentist will only require one visit to complete a porcelain crown.