Printer errors are inevitable. Whether it is an internal hardware issue, low ink level, or outdated printer driver, multiple factors can trigger errors on your printer. If you have the Epson WF-3640 Printer, things are no different. One of the most common issues, Epson WF-3640 error code 0x97, might often create hindrances at your productivity. In such cases, you can follow some effective yet simple troubleshooting methods to get rid of the issue. Read on to explore them and ensure a hassle-free journey of printing using your Epson WF-3640.
Why Does Epson WF-3640 Printer Error 0x97 Occur?
Before we discuss how to troubleshoot the error 0x97, let’s have a look at some of the underlying factors that trigger this. One of the major causes that trigger this error is due to an internal hardware issue of the printer. In addition, any malfunction in the motherboard can lead to the error 0x97 along with issues like the Epson printer is in an error state. While the process of resolving these issues doesn’t require you to have any technical expertise, you must carefully follow the recommended instructions to avoid any problem.
Stepwise Process to Resolve Epson WF-3640 Printer Error 0x97
Now that you know what are the factors that can trigger the error 0x97, read on to explore the series of steps involved in resolving this. Here’s a look at them:
- Turn off the printer and disconnect the power adapter of the printer from the electric socket.
- If you are using a wired connection, disconnect the Ethernet or USB cable from the printer as well.
- Wait for two minutes and then reconnect all the cables to their respective slots.
- Turn on the printer and check if the issue is resolved. If the issue persists, proceed to the next troubleshooting step.
- Turn off the printer and open the printer’s access door.
- Check if there is any jammed paper (s) inside the printer. If yes, grab the paper using both your hands and gently remove them. Ensure that no paper traces are left inside.
- Close the printer access door.
The above-mentioned troubleshooting should resolve the error 0x97. However, if you see that the Epson Printer won’t print black ink, try cleaning the printhead using a cloth soaked with lukewarm water. Once cleaned, fix the printhead back to the actual position and close the printer access door. You can finally turn on the printer and check if the issue is resolved.