Are you planning to move to a new place in the Philippines? The next question that might be crossing your mind is how much you need to spend on your next move? Follow these tips to save money on your home relocation.
1. Make a moving plan
You need to organise and plan your move to make your move go a little smoother and a little easier. Give yourself plenty of time so you don’t feel overwhelmed when the actual moving date arrives. Start your moving plan at least six weeks before the moving day. Careful planning will save you time and money. Your moving plan should involve:
• Deciding your moving date and time.
• Taking inventory such as making a list of items that you think you’ll be moving.
• Decluttering to remove unwanted items.
• Setting up a moving budget.
• Deciding whether you want to move yourself or hire professionals.
• If you want to hire movers in the Philippines, then start researching online.
If you want to save money on your next move, follow these tips. Avoiding hiring movers on weekends or public holidays, Due to high demand, you might have to pay a little more on weekends or holidays. If you want to save some money, hire the most reliable packers and movers in the Philippines on a weekday. Weekdays are typically less expensive because fewer people move on those days. Movers tend to have the highest availability and the lowest cost on weekdays. Also, depending on where you live in the Philippines, figure out when the busy moving season is and plan your move during the off-season. You can save a good amount of money if you can move on less popular days.
3. Choose the most suitable moving company
When you begin your research for the best moving companies in the Philippines, try to make a list of three or four top companies. Prepare the questions you want to ask the movers, such as:
• Do you provide packing or storage services?
• Do you offer insurance for home belongings?
• What is the total cost of packing and moving items?
• What is an estimate for cost?
• Are there any additional fees?
• If you’re moving to Manila, ask the movers in Manila the estimated time to move?
Contact the movers and ask them these questions. You can finalise the top three movers and request them to visit your home to provide a quotation. If you keep these tips in mind, then you will surely end up with the most suitable moving company for your move.
Shifting to a new place should be a thing to enjoy, not to be stressful. No matter whether you are moving from one city to another city in the Philippines or within the city of Manila, if you’re planning to do the move all by yourself, then chances are you will end up with fatigue, stress, and spending more money. Follow the aforementioned tips to save money and avoid hassles during your next move.
About the Author
Sheena is a banker by profession and writer by passion. In the last 10 years, she has moved 7 times to different cities in the Philippines. She knows the ins and outs of moving and loves to help people make the right choices when moving to a new place.