There are many tourists and travellers coming to the DFW area. And there are also a lot of Dallas printing companies. So if you are one of the many Ft Worth printers, you can very well take advantage of the tourism industry in your place by coming up with a printed material that could bring in money for you. You don’t have to wait for a client to come in and order these for you. You can do the travel brochures by yourself and earn a substantial income from it. And you can earn a little or a lot, depending on how you price your ad spaces. After all, you are the printer and the printing expenses will be at cost.
Here are some things that you can do.
1. Prepare a mockup of how your travel brochure would look like. Would it be a wide sheet that is just folded to become smaller? Would it contain the map of the entire city or just the downtown area? What pertinent information about your city will you include in the brochure? Divide the different panels that you will have and assign the different items that will appear in each panel.
2. Prepare a business plan. How many pieces are you going to produce? How much will each copy cost? What will be your other expenses? How much money should you earn in order to recoup your investment in printing and how much money do you want to earn? Are you going to print this like a periodical or this is going to be just a one-time thing? Who are your target advertisers? Where will you distribute your brochures? Are these going to be for free or are you going to sell this for a small amount just to cover some expenses? But of course, either way, there are disadvantages so write them down and think about how it will affect this venture.
3. Prepare the proposal that you are going to submit to advertisers. Since this is a new venture, write about your plan, the format, how it is going to look, the distribution, and then your rates. You will have to tell them about the payment plans. The proposal should already contain a reply form where the advertiser can already make reservations on what size of ad space they will get.
4. You can ask your sales people to do the selling for your or you can hire some temporary account executives for this purpose so that the work of your sales people for the printing press is not hampered. But if they can bring in advertisers, you can still give them additional incentive for doing so.
5. Have an artist render a specialized map about Dallas-Fort Worth. It should highlight the commercial establishments, hotels, motels, pension houses, shopping areas, hospitals, and the like—places that tourists would want to know about. Hire a writer who will handle all the copy of the brochure. You can assign the proofreading to your in-house proofreader.
Ft Worth Printers can really make money making travel brochures in the area. Dallas Printing Companies can endeavor to produce them with or without the support of the city’s tourism office because this is a private business. However, the tourism office can be a good source of materials about the city.